Each year more Cook Island business, government agencies, financial institutions, and individuals use and rely on technology to search, store, and manage information. As our connectivity improves, our vulnerability to online threats also increases. Cases of virus attacks, hacking, ransomware, phishing attacks, and numerous other cyber attacks has only increased over the years, damaging businesses, threatening livelihoods, and causing significant social and economic losses in productivity, earnings, lost opportunities. To ensure that the opportunities and digital dividends provided by ICTs are realized, and risks and threats are reduced, Cook Islanders (citizens and end users, IT professionals, business professionals, government officials, and anyone who uses technology) must raise their IT awareness, understanding, and develop the necessary information literacy skills through courses offered through the Center of Excellence in Information Technology, in partnership with The Centre for the Development of Advanced Computing in India, and The University of the South Pacific, delivered through the Cook Islands Campus.
List of Certificate Courses on Offer 2020-2021
- Certificate Course in Cyber Forensics & Cyber Laws (CCCFCL)Overview The Certificate Course in Cyber Forensics & Cyber Laws (CCCFCL) aims to prepare students to work on current technology scenarios as well as prepare them to keep pace with the changing face of technology and the requirements of the growing IT industry. Candidates should have basic knowledge of computer […]
- Certificate Course in Android Programming (CCAP)Overview Being an open source platform, Android offers great freedom and flexibility to developers, allowing them to easily adapt and edit the programming codes. Nowadays Android Apps are made for everything. Mobility is the future and that is why the demand of android developers is increasing day by day in […]
- Certificate Course in Advanced Web TechnologyOverview The Certificate Course in Advanced Web Technology (CAWT) course aims to groom the students to enable them to work on current web technology scenarios as well as prepare them to keep pace with the changing face of technology and the requirements of the growing IT industry. The objective of […]
- Certificate Course in Business ComputingOverview The objective of this course is to provide the student with skills, knowledge and competency in basic programming and advanced Microsoft Office. This qualification has a strong focus on information technology, software development life cycle, database technology, and communication skills. Students will develop understanding and skills in C programming, […]
- Scholarships available for 2020!Six month Scholarships in Advanced Computing, mobile computing, IT Infrastructure, Systems and Security. Admission Notification for Feb 2020 #PG Diploma courses#C-DAC#IT Training.The last date of registration is 15/12/2019for more detailed email: firstname.lastname@example.org visit websitehttps://ci-ceit.edu.ck/2019/09/17/scholarships/ Scholarships in Advanced Computing, IT Infrastructure, Systems and Security now available for 2020! A Second intake of scholarships […]